To all of our extended 2 and 4 legged family members,
We hope you are all staying safe and healthy. In these uncertain times the Animal Hospital is doing its part to keep our community safe and limit the spread of the Corona Virus. We want you to rest assured we are here to help you with the care of your pets, and will continue to provide medications and prescription diets for them. Following the CDC and AVMA’s guidelines, we also are doing our part to help reduce transmission of this disease by restricting our services to urgent needs only to conserve medical resources, and to limit exposure to you as well as our staff and their families. We will be operating with minimal support staff to allow our employees to be home with their families, so please understand that there may be prolonged hold times when calling and prolonged wait times when being seen. We appreciate your cooperation, patience and understanding.
– We will be open to help you and your pet if they are ill or if they are having an emergency. We are limiting our appointments to ill or urgent issues only. Additionally, we will want to keep puppies and kittens on their vaccination schedules. We may do these as technician appointments unless you have health or care concerns that need to be addressed by a veterinarian.
– If you currently have an appointment for a non-urgent issue or procedure, we will be contacting you to discuss rescheduling. Non-urgent appointments are considered annual exams, vaccines, evaluation of any stable long standing issue that is not causing a current problem, and some procedures. We are here to help, so please call with any concerns about your upcoming appointment.
– We are also available to help you remotely – let’s use technology to keep us safe. Please call or email us and we can schedule a consult with a doctor over the phone if we already have an established veterinary-patient-client relationship. Issues that cannot be adequately addressed remotely, we will schedule as an in-person visit.
– We have a great website with the ability to submit forms online to help facilitate your pet’s appointment at https://www.ahosvet.com/. Let us know on the phone if you’ve completed an intake form, and we will have it printed and ready for the doctor at the time of your appointment
– We can mail most prescription medications to limit in person interactions and can handle invoicing over the phone
– Please take this opportunity to try out our online pharmacy to have medications shipped directly to your home – click on the pharmacy link on the bottom right of our webpage: https://www.ahosvet.
Limiting people traffic in the hospital:
– To keep you and our community as safe as possible, please remain in your car and alert us to your arrival via phone. A technician will come to your car, take your pet’s history and symptoms and bring your pet in to the hospital to be examined by our doctors. Our doctor will call you once the exam is complete and go over a treatment plan with you. We will conveniently take care of invoicing with you in the comfort of your car when we return your pet to you with any medications needed.
– If you are having any respiratory symptoms, please let us know and ideally have a friend bring your pet to us for their appointment
We will operate on this basis through the end of March. We will be constantly evaluating the situation, as it is a dynamic one. We will update our website and Facebook page with our current protocols. Please help keep our community safe by practicing voluntary isolation and social distancing. Let’s all make sure our loved ones aren’t put in harm’s way by inadvertent virus transmission.
Please visit the following site for the most up to date information: